The AOP Languedoc, the City and Metropolitan Councils of Montpellier, together with the Occitanie Region and the Department of Hérault, have, in a spirit of cooperation, created a modestly sized, convivial, regional wine trade event.
Over 120 winemakers representing more than 50 AOPs and 30 IGPs will be present at this second edition of Dégustez en VO ! (VO for Vignobles d’Occitanie).
The Montpellier Wine Fair Dégustez en VO ! will be hosted in some of the most iconic sites in the historic centre of Montpellier.
Why organize a trade event in Montpellier for the wines of Occitanie?
Launched in 2022, Dégustez en V.O ! is a joint initiative of the AOP Languedoc, the Occitanie Region, the City and Metropolitan Councils of Montpellier, the Department of Hérault, and the Languedoc Wines Interprofessional body.
Since the departure of Vinisud for Paris, there was no longer a dedicated event where the wine producers of Occitanie could welcome buyers and influential members of the wine world in the heart of their vineyards. In response to this, Dégustez en V.O ! was conceived as an approachable, regionally focussed wine trade fair.
An event that’s more than just a simple wine fair
It’s a real opportunity to turn the spotlight on the vineyards and winemakers of the region.
- Its simple, pared back format puts all the emphasis on the wines, without ostentation
- “Off” evenings are dedicated to buyers, journalists, and influencers
- Masterclasses take place over the two days
And new for 2023:
- An epicurean library in the heart of the venue
- The presence of craft cuisine and foodie stands
- A symposium at an independent date (Tuesday 29 November 2022)